Tuesday, December 21, 2010

BlesSings of the season

Singing with Laura Owenby at church, December 19, 2010
It is a treat to be singing so frequently this Christmas. A bit stressful, but a blessing nonetheless. Here is the rundown:
  • "Were You There on that Christmas Night?" duet with Laura Owenby at church, 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. services, 4th Sunday of Advent, 12.19
  • Performances 12.20 with Elizabeth Crittenden and Courtney Johnston of Eleanor LaForge's Christmas music and traditional carols at Magnolia Hills assisted living center and Habersham Home nursing home
  • "Some Children See Him," accompanied by Joe Whelchel on guitar, opening solo for both Christmas Eve services at church, rehearsal 12.21 and 12.23
  • 12.21--rehearsal for Frank Loesser show in January
If someone had told me three years ago that I would be singing this much--in public, no less!--during Christmas celebrations 2010, I would have said they were crazy. Now, I am so grateful for the adventure and for the opportunities to perform and learn. I wish I had done better at the 8 a.m. performance of "Were You There ..." with Laura. My voice cracked--I hate that! I had some a.m. phlegm issues that caused additional jitters. I didn't open wide enough for the note I cracked on and wasn't supporting it sufficiently. Thank goodness I have learned enough to know what I did wrong and to see that it didn't happen again for the 10 a.m. service. I was so grateful that performance went without a hitch. I need to keep reminding myself that I am still a newbie at this and thrilled to be singing with seasoned performers like Laura. On to new adventures later today!

But not before posting some comments just in:

"Such a treat to be with you and receive your gift of music this morning. SO beautiful.... "

"I enjoyed your singing and wanted to tell you that. I do enjoy the choir and am so thankful it's there for us. We are lucky to not only have a church that loves us but also one that has the music it has and the people!!!"

"The duet was really lovely. Thank you."

"You have a beautiful voice."

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you that you're doing this. It obviously means a lot to you. Bravo.

    re: morning throat problems, Try a slice of fresh ginger, or a cube of candied ginger. That could be helpful.

    ReplyDelete