Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My agenda, and I do have one

I like to think that I'm an evangelist for singing. I think everyone can and should do it. It's good for the body and soul. And so I got a kick out of this message from a high school friend who has been following my adventures in singing on Facebook and here on this blog.

"You inspired me to take voice lessons! My teacher teaches at Belmont and has lots of kids for voice and piano. He's also a Jewish Cantor! Maybe I'll learn some good Jewish songs, although he suggested we practice "Wondrous Love" which fits best at Easter. And our Bluegrass Band finished our CD and it's available but not in stores. Send me you address and I'll send you a copy."

Along the same lines, a friend and fellow cast member in The Wizard of Oz production this past summer was apprehensive about a presentation he was planning to make to a big dental conference in Hawaii in November 2010. I told him about my singing lessons and how they helped build confidence in public speaking, too. I saw him a few weeks ago at the Chamber of Commerce Christmas Bazaar and he said the presentation had gone beautifully. He thanked me. He had take my advice and enrolled in some singing lessons in order to prepare for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment